Terps in Texas at 91st LSA
January 5-8 in Austin, there's work by Michaela, Rachel, Ted and Dongwoo at the 91st Annual Meeting of the Linguistic Society of America. Rachel's talk is also the alternate for the new 5-minute Linguist event, during which speakers will be judged on their ability to present their research in a brief but informative way, without notes, to a nonspecialist audience. Eight talks, plus Rachel's, were chosen as finalists, out of 84 applicants.
- Michaela Socolof, The position of the negative particle ara and NPIs in Kabyle negation
- Rachel Dudley, Meredith Rowe, Valentine Hacquard and Jeffrey Lidz, Distributional cues to factivity in the input
- Theodore Levin, Palauan DOM is a licensing phenomenon
- Dongwoo Park, When and where does ellipsis occur?
- Michael Yoshitaka Erlewine and Theodore Levin, On the unavailability of argument ellipsis in Kaqchikel