Collection of essays in tribute to Juan
Now out, Language, Syntax and the Natural Sciences, essays for Juan Uriagereka, edited by Ángel Gallego and Roger Martin. Among its 18 chapters, including one by Noam Chomsky, the collection features several new papers by UMD faculty and alumni: Tonia Bleam, Norbert Hornstein, Bill Idsardi, Howard Lasnik, Jairo Nunes and Paul Pietroski.
- Tonia Bleam and Norbert Hornstein, Deriving multiple "object" constructions
- Howard Lasnik, Two families of questions
- Jairo Nunes, Linearizing chains at LF
- Paul Pietroski, Limiting semantic types
- William J. Idsardi, Why is phonology different? No recursion