Semantics, language acquisition, philosophy of language
- Embedding epistemic modals in English: A corpus-based study. Valentine Hacquard, Alexis Wellwood.
- Measuring and comparing individuals and events. Alexis Wellwood, Valentine Hacquard and Roumyana Pancheva.
- Distributivity and modality: where "each" may go, "every" can't follow. Michaël Gagnon, Alexis Wellwood.
- Restrictions on the Meaning of Determiners: Typological Generalisations and Learnability. Tim Hunter, Jeffrey Lidz, Alexis Wellwood, Anastasia Conroy.
Related news items
- Maryland in Latvia
- Maryland at MACSIM in Baltimore
- Maryland at the LSA in Boston
- Maryland at NELS in NYC
- Alexis at Sinn und Bedeutung
- UMD Linguists at Cogsci 2012
- Aaron and Alexis at NASSLLI 2012
- Alexis and Brad at CLS 48
- Dustin Chacón at CNRS, Paris
- MACSIM at Maryland
- Talks at the LSA in Portland, January 5-8
- Michaël Gagnon and Alexis Wellwood paper in SALT proceedings
- Alexis Wellwood and Valentine Hacquard paper to appear in Journal of Semantics
- [Practice talk / PHLING] Talking about causing events. May 13, 2013
- PHLING meeting. Feb. 11, 2013
- A language for thought, and a language for communication. Dec. 6, 2012
- Back to basics: MORE is always MUCH-er. Sept. 5, 2012
- SuB practice talk. Aug. 30, 2012
- More. May 22, 2012
- CLS practice talk. April 17, 2012
- Syntax Lab: A Superlative Puzzle for Bošković's DP/NP Parameter. March 12, 2012
- Syntax Lab: "Structuring scales for comparison in English". March 5, 2012
- LSA practice talks II. Dec. 19, 2011
- Developmental change in linking language and mind. Dec. 7, 2011
- Acquiring the Language of Quantity. Sept. 29, 2011