Semantics, language acquisition, philosophy of language
- Measuring Predicates. Alexis Wellwood.
- Embedding epistemic modals in English: A corpus-based study. Valentine Hacquard, Alexis Wellwood.
- Measuring and comparing individuals and events. Alexis Wellwood, Valentine Hacquard and Roumyana Pancheva.
- Distributivity and modality: where "each" may go, "every" can't follow. Michaël Gagnon, Alexis Wellwood.
- Restrictions on the Meaning of Determiners: Typological Generalisations and Learnability. Tim Hunter, Jeffrey Lidz, Alexis Wellwood, Anastasia Conroy.
Related news items
- Six Terpresentations in Burnaby, B.C.
- Work by eleven terps at IASCL in Amsterdam
- Maryland talks at LSA in Minneapolis
- Six Terpresentations at BUCLD 38
- Alexis, Valentine honored at Convocation
- Maryland in Latvia
- Maryland at MACSIM in Baltimore
- Maryland at the LSA in Boston
- Maryland at NELS in NYC
- Alexis at Sinn und Bedeutung
- UMD Linguists at Cogsci 2012
- Aaron and Alexis at NASSLLI 2012
- Alexis and Brad at CLS 48
- Dustin Chacón at CNRS, Paris
- MACSIM at Maryland
- Talks at the LSA in Portland, January 5-8
- Michaël Gagnon and Alexis Wellwood paper in SALT proceedings
- Alexis Wellwood and Valentine Hacquard paper to appear in Journal of Semantics
- Measuring predicates. May 9, 2014
- Practice job talk. Feb. 26, 2014
- [PracticeTalk]. Feb. 12, 2014
- [PracticeTalk] What 'meaning' can (and probably should) mean. Nov. 27, 2013
- [LSLT] A new semantics for measurement. Nov. 14, 2013
- PHLING meeting. Oct. 9, 2013
- [Practice talk / PHLING] Talking about causing events. May 13, 2013
- PHLING meeting. Feb. 11, 2013
- A language for thought, and a language for communication. Dec. 6, 2012
- Back to basics: MORE is always MUCH-er. Sept. 5, 2012
- SuB practice talk. Aug. 30, 2012
- More. May 22, 2012
- CLS practice talk. April 17, 2012
- Syntax Lab: A Superlative Puzzle for Bošković's DP/NP Parameter. March 12, 2012
- Syntax Lab: "Structuring scales for comparison in English". March 5, 2012
- LSA practice talks II. Dec. 19, 2011
- Developmental change in linking language and mind. Dec. 7, 2011
- Acquiring the Language of Quantity. Sept. 29, 2011