1413F Marie Mount Hall
- Coreference and Antecedent Representation Across Languages. Sol Lago, Shayne Sloggett, Zoe Schlueter, Wing Yee Chow, Alexander Williams, Ellen Lau, Colin Phillips.
- Negative polarity illusions and the format of hierarchical encodings in memory. Dan Parker, Colin Phillips.
- Locality and Word Order in Active Dependency Formation in Bangla. Dustin A. Chacón, Mashrur Imtiaz, Shirsho Dasgupta, Sikder M. Murshed, Mina Dan and Colin Phillips.
- Prediction as memory retrieval: Timing and mechanisms. Wing Yee Chow, Shota Momma, Cybelle Smith, Ellen Lau, Colin Phillips.
- Learning obscure and obvious properties of language. Colin Phillips, Lara Ehrenhofer.
- The role of language processing in language acquisition. Colin Phillips, Lara Ehrenhofer.
- A 'bag-of-arguments' mechanism for initial verb predictions. Wing-Yee Chow, Cybelle Smith, Ellen Lau, Colin Phillips.
- Interference in the processing of adjunct control. Daniel Parker, Sol Lago, Colin Phillips.
- Hyper-active gap filling. Akira Omaki, Ellen Lau, Imogen Davidson White, Myles Dakan, Aaron Apple, Colin Phillips.
- Relation-sensitive retrieval: Evidence from bound variable pronouns. Dave Kush, Jeffrey Lidz, Colin Phillips.
- Agreement attraction in Spanish comprehension. Sol Lago, Diego E. Shalom, Mariano Sigman, Ellen Lau, Colin Phillips.
- Aligning grammatical theories and processing models. Shevaun Lewis, Colin Phillips.
- The structure-sensitivity of memory access: Evidence from Mandarin Chinese. Brian Dillon, Wing Yee Chow, Matt Wagers, Taomei Guo, Fengqin Liu and Colin Phillips .
- Immediate sensitivity to structural constraints in pronoun resolution. Wing-Yee Chow, Shevaun Lewis, Colin Phillips.
- Going the distance: Memory and control processes in active dependency construction. Matthew Wagers, Colin Phillips.
- No Fear of Commitment: Children’s Incremental Interpretation in English and Japanese Wh-Questions. Akira Omaki, Imogen Davidson-White, Takuya Goro, Jeffrey Lidz, Colin Phillips.
- The psycholinguistics of ellipsis. Colin Phillips and Dan Parker.
- No semantic illusions in the 'Semantic P600' phenomenon: ERP evidence from Mandarin Chinese. Wing-Yee Chow, Colin Phillips.
- Derivational order in syntax: Evidence and architectural consequences. Colin Phillips and Shevaun Lewis.
- A test of the relation between working-memory capacity and syntactic island effects. Jon Sprouse, Matt Wagers, Colin Phillips.
- Syntactic and Semantic Predictors of Tense in Hindi: An ERP Investigation. Brian Dillon, Andrew Nevins, Alison C. Austin, Colin Phillips.
- Some arguments and non-arguments for reductionist accounts of syntactic phenomena. Colin Phillips.
- Examining the evidence for an independent semantic analyzer: An ERP study in Spanish. Clare Stroud, Colin Phillips.
- Agreement attraction in comprehension: Representations and process. Matthew Wagers, Ellen Lau, Colin Phillips.
- A cortical network for semantics: (de)constructing the N400. Ellen Lau, Colin Phillips, David Poeppel.
- Effect of syntactic constraints on long-distance dependency formation in backwards anaphora processing. Nina Kazanina, Ellen Lau, Moti Lieberman, Colin Phillips, Masaya Yoshida.
- Relating Structure and Time in Linguistics and Psycholinguistics. Colin Phillips, Matt Wagers.
- Syntactic prediction and lexical frequency effects in sentence processing. Ellen Lau, Katya Rozanova, Colin Phillips.
- The Real-Time Status of Island Phenomena. Colin Phillips.
- The role of prediction in rapid syntactic analysis. Ellen Lau, Clare Stroud, Silke Plesch, Colin Phillips.
Related news items
- Brian Dillon tenured at UMass
- Shota wins Distinguished Dissertation Award
- Sol on representing antecedents
- Terps at MIT for CUNY 2017
- Colin on order and direction in Lombardy
- UMD at BU Conference on Language Development
- Colin at Delaware
- Parker are Phillips are ever in Cognition
- Bronze Age for Ragnar
- Dustin and Colin on gap-filling in Bangla
- Maryland in Philly at COGSCI 2016
- Terps in Salt Lake at WCCFL 34
- Idsardi and Phillips hit Oxford
- Terps crawling around Gainesville for CUNY29
- Colin at Santa Cruz
- Colin and Lara on processing in acquisition
- Colin leading two discussions along Oder
- Colin, Masha on steering group for AAAS Sect. Z
- PsychoLinguists run 200 miles through torrents
- Colin on pronouns in Moscow
- Colin in Korea
- Kush, Lidz & Phillips on processing bound variable pronouns
- New from Sol Lago and her UMDrs
- Language Science Center wins major NSF grant
- Jeff recognized as Distinguished Scholar Teacher
- "Hyper-active gap-filling" now published
- Terpitude in LA at the 28th CUNY
- Colin on illusions at Princeton
- Kush and Colin in Frontiers in Psychology
- BU Terponanza
- Colin Phillips in Hong Kong
- Terponanza at CUNY in Ohio
- Maryland talks at LSA in Minneapolis
- New from Akira, Imogen, Takuya, Jeff and Colin
- Colin Phillips in Berlin
- Six Terpresentations at BUCLD 38
- Ragnar rallies linguists in relay!
- Colin and students in university video
- Language scientists blaze in local footrace
- Dustin Chacon in Minnesota
- Maryland at CUNY in South Carolina
- Chow and Phillips in Brain Research
- Maryland at the LSA in Boston
- Maryland linguists at local high schools
- Wing Yee, Colin and Ellen at NLC in Spain
- Maryland at GALANA 5 in Kansas
- Linguists run octuple marathon in 26.8 hours!
- Sprouse, Wagers and Phillips in "Language"
- Colin on "Linguistic Illusions" at Georgetown
- Maryland linguists at CUNY
- Talks at the LSA in Portland, January 5-8
- Colin Phillips at Linguistics Association of Portugal
- Colin Phillips to give Distinguished Scholar-Teacher lecture
- Maryland Neuroimaging Center opens
- Colin Phillips invited to give LAGB Lecture
- Welcome to our new RA and Baggett Fellows
- Shayne Sloggett to UMass Linguistics
- Jeff Lidz and Colin Phillips at LSA Institute
- NSF-GRFP grant awarded to Dustin Chacon
- [WinterStorm] Linguistic illusions: four recent surprises. Jan. 13, 2014
- Linguistic Illusions: Where you see them, where you don't. Oct. 20, 2011