The Department of Linguistics at the University of Maryland combines current theoretical research in phonology, syntax, and semantics with state-of-the-art experimental research in language acquisition, computational linguistics, psycholinguistics and neurolinguistics.
- Jeff Green awarded trip to Taiwan for China Immersion Program
- Yakov Kronrod to postdoc at UPenn
- Tadeu Alvares de Azevedo Lau!
- Huge congratulations to Ellen Lau, and Happy Birthday to her healthy and beautiful boy Tadeu, born July 15th in ...
- Mike Fetters talking at Nanzan
- Work by eleven terps at IASCL in Amsterdam
- Additive effects of repetition and predictability on lexical semantic processing during comprehension. Wing Yee Chow, Sol Lago, Shannon Barrios, Dan Parker, Giovanna Morini, and Ellen Lau. PLoS ONE.
- Immediate sensitivity to structural constraints in pronoun resolution. Wing-Yee Chow, Shevaun Lewis, Colin Phillips. Frontiers in Psychology.
- Positive expectation in the processing of allophones. Michael Key. The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America.
- The role of morphology in phoneme prediction: Evidence from MEG. Allyson Ettinger, Tal Linzen, Alec Marantz. Brain and Language.
- Causal VVs in Mandarin. Alexander Williams.