The Department of Linguistics at the University of Maryland combines current theoretical research in phonology, syntax, and semantics with state-of-the-art experimental research in language acquisition, computational linguistics, psycholinguistics and neurolinguistics.
- Welcome new Baggetts and RAs
- Masha directs student project on polysynthetic languages
- Aaron White wins NSF support
- New book from Masha on heritage languages
- Say Hello to Dan Goodhue
- Welcome to Daniel Goodhue, who we are lucky to have joining us as a postdoc. Dan got his PhD ...
- Semantic information and the syntax of propositional attitude verbs. Aaron S. White, Valentine Hacquard, Jeffrey Lidz. Cognitive Science.
- Advanced second language learners' perception of lexical tone contrasts. Eric Pelzl, Ellen Lau, Taomei Guo, Robert DeKeyser. Studies in Second Language Acquisition.
- The explanatory power of linguistic theory. Jeffrey Lidz.
- The labeling problem in syntactic bootstrapping: Main clause syntax in the acquisition of propositional attitude verbs. Aaron Steven White, Valentine Hacquard, Jeffrey Lidz.
- Developing incrementality in filler-gap dependency processing. Emily Atkinson, Matthew Wagers, Jeffrey Lidz, Colin Phillips, Akira Omaki. Cognition.