The Department of Linguistics at the University of Maryland combines current theoretical research in phonology, syntax, and semantics with state-of-the-art experimental research in language acquisition, computational linguistics, psycholinguistics and neurolinguistics.
- Welcome class of 2021!
- Dustin and Colin on gap-filling in Bangla
- Now in Frontiers in Psychology, "Locality and Word Order in Active Dependency Formation in Bangla," by 2015 alumnus
- Ted in Singapore
- Greetings to new Baggetts and RAs
- Kate to William and Mary
- Locality and Word Order in Active Dependency Formation in Bangla. Dustin A. Chacón, Mashrur Imtiaz, Shirsho Dasgupta, Sikder M. Murshed, Mina Dan and Colin Phillips. Frontiers in Psychology: Language Sciences.
- Deconstructing Ergativity: Two Types of Ergative Languages and Their Features. Maria Polinsky.
- Bilingual children and adult heritage speakers: The range of comparison. Maria Polinsky. International Journal of Bilingualism.
- Prediction as memory retrieval: Timing and mechanisms. Wing Yee Chow, Shota Momma, Cybelle Smith, Ellen Lau, Colin Phillips. Language, Cognition, and Neuroscience.
- Looking ahead. Maria Polinsky.