The Department of Linguistics at the University of Maryland combines current theoretical research in phonology, syntax, and semantics with state-of-the-art experimental research in language acquisition, computational linguistics, psycholinguistics and neurolinguistics.
- Momma in Malta at AMLaP
- September 3-5, Shota is in Valletta, Malta, at Architectures & Mechanisms for Language Processing, presenting "A ...
- Welcome Jesse Harris, faculty visitor
- This semester we are happy to host Jesse Harris, Assistant Professor of Linguistics at UCLA, and director of the ...
- Hello Ted Levin, new postdoc
- Say hello to Ted Levin, who recently completed a PhD at MIT, "Licensing without Case." Ted, whose interests are ...
- Warm welcome to PhDs of 2020
- Welcome our new Baggetts, Mina and Chris
- The role of temporal predictability in semantic expectation: An MEG investigation. Ellen Lau, Elizabeth Nguyen. Cortex.
- Relation-sensitive retrieval: Evidence from bound variable pronouns. Dave Kush, Jeffrey Lidz, Colin Phillips. Journal of Memory and Language.
- Hyper-active gap filling. Akira Omaki, Ellen Lau, Imogen Davidson White, Myles Dakan, Aaron Apple, Colin Phillips. Frontiers in Psychology: Language Sciences.
- Agreement attraction in Spanish comprehension. Sol Lago, Diego E. Shalom, Mariano Sigman, Ellen Lau, Colin Phillips. Journal of Memory and Language.
- Categorical effects in fricative perception are reflected in cortical source information. Sol Lago, Mathias Scharinger, Yakov Kronrod, William Idsardi. Brain and Language.