The Department of Linguistics at the University of Maryland combines current theoretical research in phonology, syntax, and semantics with state-of-the-art experimental research in language acquisition, computational linguistics, psycholinguistics and neurolinguistics.
- Angela He wins Lasnik Award
- Congratulations to Angela, 2015 recipient of the Howard Lasnik Award for Distinguished Teaching by a Graduate Student. This annual ...
- Brad Larson to Iowa!
- Colin on pronouns in Moscow
- Bill visiting at Bristol University
- Valentine at Stanford
- Relation-sensitive retrieval: Evidence from bound variable pronouns. Dave Kush, Jeffrey Lidz, Colin Phillips. Journal of Memory and Language.
- Case in Sakha: Are two modalities really necessary?. Theodore Levin and Omer Preminger. Natural Language and Linguistic Theory.
- Categorical effects in fricative perception are reflected in cortical source information. Sol Lago, Mathias Scharinger, Yakov Kronrod, William Idsardi. Brain and Language.
- Hyper-active gap filling. Akira Omaki, Ellen Lau, Imogen Davidson White, Myles Dakan, Aaron Apple, Colin Phillips. Frontiers in Psychology: Language Sciences.
- The role of temporal predictability in semantic expectation: An MEG investigation. Ellen Lau, Elizabeth Nguyen. Cortex.