The Department of Linguistics at the University of Maryland combines current theoretical research in phonology, syntax, and semantics with state-of-the-art experimental research in language acquisition, computational linguistics, psycholinguistics and neurolinguistics.
- Linguistics at UG Research Day
- April 17, UMD's Undergraduate Research Day, 1-4PM, features posters by Linguistic undergraduates Mariam Aiyad, Abigail Kameny, Divya Lahori, Lillianna ...
- Lilli Righter at William & Mary
- April 13, undergraduate Lillianna Righter is at VALING, the Virginia Area Undergraduate Linguistics Colloquium, explaining "Infants' use of the ...
- Zach Wellstood awarded NSF GRFP
- QS ranks UMD Linguistics #3 worldwide
- GLEEFUL talk by Jeff
- April 13 at the Great Lakes Expo for Experimental and Formal Undergraduate Linguistics, the keynote talk is by
- Ellipsis in Transformational Grammar. Howard Lasnik, Kenshi Funakoshi.
- What the PCC tells us about “abstract” agreement, head movement, and locality. Omer Preminger. Glossa.
- Same words, different structures: An fMRI investigation of argument relations and the angular gyrus. William Matchin, Chia-Hsuan Liao, Phoebe Gaston, Ellen Lau. Neuropsychologia.
- Distinctions between primary and secondary scalar implicatures. Anouk Dieuleveut, Benjamin Spector, Emmanuel Chemla. Journal of Memory and Language.
- Learning, memory and syntactic bootstrapping: A meditation. Jeffrey Lidz. Topics in Cognitive Science.