The Department of Linguistics at the University of Maryland combines current theoretical research in phonology, syntax, and semantics with state-of-the-art experimental research in language acquisition, computational linguistics, psycholinguistics and neurolinguistics.
- Grano and Lasnik on pronouns in Tübingen
- Kasia Hitczenko wins Travel Award for BUCLD
- BU Terponanza
- Omer talking at UMass colloquium
- Lidz and Kronrod on Outreach
- Now out in Language and Linguistics Compass, "Expanding our reach and theirs: When Linguists go to High School." In ...
- Agents in Mandarin and Igbo resultatives. Alexander Williams.
- Immediate sensitivity to structural constraints in pronoun resolution. Wing-Yee Chow, Shevaun Lewis, Colin Phillips. Frontiers in Psychology.
- Positive expectation in the processing of allophones. Michael Key. The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America.
- How Nature Meets Nurture: Universal Grammar and Statistical Learning. Jeff Lidz and Annie Gagliardi. Annual Review of Linguistics.
- Headed tone spans: Binarity and minimal overlap. Michael Key and Lee Bickmore. Southern African Linguistics and Applied Language Studies.