The Department of Linguistics at the University of Maryland combines current theoretical research in phonology, syntax, and semantics with state-of-the-art experimental research in language acquisition, computational linguistics, psycholinguistics and neurolinguistics.
- Nick Huang in L.A. at NACCL 27
- Jeff recognized as Distinguished Scholar Teacher
- Six Terpresentations in Burnaby, B.C.
- Omer on extraction and Case in Mayan
- Just out in Linguistic Variation, "The role of case in A-bar extraction asymmetries: Evidence from Mayan," by Jessica Coon, ...
- "Hyper-active gap-filling" now published
- Agents in Mandarin and Igbo resultatives. Alexander Williams.
- How Nature Meets Nurture: Universal Grammar and Statistical Learning. Jeff Lidz and Annie Gagliardi. Annual Review of Linguistics.
- Competence and Performance in the Development of Principle C. Megan Sutton. PhD dissertation.
- Arguments in Syntax and Semantics. Alexander Williams.
- Bootstrapping attitudes. Valentine Hacquard. Proceedings of SALT 24.