The Department of Linguistics at the University of Maryland combines current theoretical research in phonology, syntax, and semantics with state-of-the-art experimental research in language acquisition, computational linguistics, psycholinguistics and neurolinguistics.
- Rodrigo, Paulina and Polina win research grants
- Phoebe to postdoc at UConn
- Congratulations to Phoebe Gaston, who in August starts a postdoc in the Cognitive Neuroscience of Communication-Connecticut training program, ...
- Angela He to Hong Kong Baptist University
- Jeff edits Gleitman collection
- NSF funds Philip for COVID-19 research
- Congratulations to Philip Resnik, whose "RAPID: Advanced Topic Modeling Methods to Analyze Text Responses in COVID-19 Survey Data" has ...
- Enough time to get results? An ERP investigation of prediction with complex events. Chia-Hsuan Liao, Ellen Lau. Language, Cognition and Neuroscience.
- Headedness and the Lexicon: The Case of Verb-to-Noun Ratios. Maria Polinsky, Lilla Magyar. Languages.
- Hope for syntactic bootstrapping. Kaitlyn Harrigan, Valentine Hacquard, Jeffrey Lidz. Language.
- The structure of Polish numerically-quantified expressions. Paulina Lyskawa. Glossa.
- Modeling the learning of the Person Case Constraint. Adam Liter, Naomi Feldman.