The Department of Linguistics at the University of Maryland combines current theoretical research in phonology, syntax, and semantics with state-of-the-art experimental research in language acquisition, computational linguistics, psycholinguistics and neurolinguistics.
- Masha on understanding heritage languages
- Philip on computerized assessment of risk
- Laurel wins Lasnik Teaching Award
- Congratulations to Laurel Perkins, 2019 recipient of the Howard Lasnik Award for Distinguished Teaching by a Graduate Student. This ...
- Omer teaching syntax in Russia
- Masha on field stations in Language
- Understanding heritage languages. Maria Polinsky and Gregory Scontras. Bilingualism: Language and Cognition.
- Field stations for linguistic research: A blueprint of a sustainable model. Maria Polinsky. Language.
- Error-Driven Retrieval in Agreement Attraction Rarely Leads to Misinterpretation. Zoe Schlueter, Dan Parker, Ellen Lau. Frontiers in Psychology: Language Sciences.
- Same words, different structures: An fMRI investigation of argument relations and the angular gyrus. William Matchin, Chia-Hsuan Liao, Phoebe Gaston, Ellen Lau. Neuropsychologia.
- Learning, memory and syntactic bootstrapping: A meditation. Jeffrey Lidz. Topics in Cognitive Science.