The Department of Linguistics at the University of Maryland combines current theoretical research in phonology, syntax, and semantics with state-of-the-art experimental research in language acquisition, computational linguistics, psycholinguistics and neurolinguistics.
- Maryland at Amsterdam Colloqium
- Jeff at Storrs
- Levin and Polinsky on Austronesian morphology
- Marisa Fried, Deans Senior Scholar
- Congratulations to Marisa Fried, Linguistics major, who was recently named a Dean's Senior Scholar. Marissa is one of only seven ...
- Bill and UMD on animal communication
- What can animal communication teach us about human language?, asks a special issue of Philosophical Transactions of the Royal ...
- First conjunct agreement in Polish: Evidence for a mono-clausal analysis. Gesoel Mendes, Marta Ruda. Snippets.
- Filler-gap dependency comprehension at 15 months: The role of vocabulary. Laurel Perkins, Jeffrey Lidz. Language Acquisition.
- The agreement theta generalization. Maria Polinsky, Omer Preminger. Glossa.
- Morphology in Austronesian languages. Theodore Levin, Maria Polinsky. Linguistics.